- 10am — Orientation
- Energy Efficiency policy overview
- Renewable Energy policy overview
- How to advocate
- Developing your personal story for Energy Democracy
- 12pm — Lunch Break
- Healthy food provided by the EDA
- Small group discussions
- 1pm — Legislative Meetings
- Facilitated meetings with legislative offices
- 3pm — Report Backs & Debrief
We are finalizing a shortlist of bills that have the best chance to further our goals for energy democracy. In the energy efficiency arena, we are working on a bill that would codify the state’s energy efficiency standard with a focus on environmental health and would mandate equitable building energy efficiency work and jobs training. On the renewable energy front, we are evaluating several bills that aim to increase solar energy and make solar energy more equitable. To address the broader and more long term impacts, we will be advocating for the Climate & Community Protection Act (CCPA), which would rapidly transition the state’s economy off of fossil fuels, invest 40% of the state’s climate fund into low-income communities and communities of color, and set high wage standards to make green jobs good jobs.
Do these issues resonate with you? If so, we hope you can join us in this important fight. Please RSVP and we will hold a seat at the table for you.
As many of you know from our previous email, we will be in Albany Tuesday through Thursday of next week. If you wish to lend your support on any or all of those days, please follow the links below for details, RSVP, and share with others.
- Tuesday 5/28: Joint Senate-Assembly hearing on the NY Health Act
- Wednesday 5/29: Energy Democracy Advocacy Day
- Thursday 5/30: Environmental Health & Justice Advocacy Day